Today is Jan Berenstain’s 88th birthday. She and her husband, Stan is best known for their series of books “The Berenstain Bears.” There is also a book called “Down a Sunny Dirt Road: An Autobiography” by Jan and Stan. It was published in 2002 and is available on Amazon for $20.
My kids grew up reading those books. They learned about sharing, using manners, and how telling the truth is the best policy. I have a son and daughter just like the original stories of the Berenstain Bear family (in 2000, they added a baby sister), so they identified with the brother and sister bears.
Stan Berenstain passed away in 2005. Jan and their son, Mike, still write books about the bears. Mike is also an illustrator as well as a writer. He has three children of his own who provide inspiration for new books.
To learn more about the Berenstain Bears and their creators, visit The Official Berenstain Bears website at http://www.berenstainbears.com/.
I am giving away The Berenstain Bears: Family and Friendship DVD to one lucky winner!
* Must be a U.S. resident and 18 years of age or older to enter.
* Giveaway ends on August 27, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
* Winner will be chosen by using the Random Org’s Number Generator.
Mandatory Entry Methods: Leave a comment telling your or your child’s favorite Bernstain Bear book, follow my blog, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org You must do at least one of these in order to earn extra entries!
Extra Entries (two each):
* Like Timeless Treasures on facebook
* Follow me on Twitter (katydae)
* Share this giveaway on your blog, Facebook, or Twitter (2 entries each)
* Enter one of my other giveaways and leave me a comment letting me know that you entered it
* Make sure to leave one comment for each entry to get credit!
Congratulations to my winner Jessica (CouponAddict)!!! I want to thank all of you for entering my drawing!! I enjoyed reading your comments :)